Digital Marketing and Technical Jargons
Here are 135 terms commonly used in digital marketing and technical development to optimize websites, enhance user experience, and secure online communications.
- Landing PageA landing page is a specific webpage that a user is directed after clicking on a digital marketing campaign, such as a search engine ad, email link, or social media post. The goal of a landing page is to convert the user into a customer by providing relevant information and a clear call-to-action (CTA). Effective landing pages are optimized for user experience and are designed to drive conversions.
- Lead GenerationLead generation is identifying and nurturing potential customers for a business. It is achieved through various digital marketing campaigns, such as email marketing, social media marketing, or search engine marketing. The goal is to collect information about potential customers and convert them into paying customers.
- Lead NurturingThe process of developing and reinforcing relationships with buyers at every stage of the sales funnel. It focuses on marketing and communication efforts to listen to prospects' needs and provide the information and answers they need.
- Lifetime ValueA prediction of the net profit attributed to the entire future relationship with a customer. Understanding LTV helps businesses develop strategies to acquire new customers and retain existing ones while maintaining profit margins.
- LTVA prediction of the net profit attributed to the entire future relationship with a customer. Understanding LTV helps businesses develop strategies to acquire new customers and retain existing ones while maintaining profit margins.
- Local SEOLocal SEO, or local search engine optimization, is the process of optimizing a website to improve its ranking in the search results for local-based queries. This type of SEO is focused on optimizing the website for keywords and phrases that include the location of the business, such as the city or region where the business is located. Local SEO is important for businesses that rely on local customers, such as brick-and-mortar stores or service providers that operate in a specific geographic area. By improving its local SEO, a business can increase its visibility in the search results for local queries, which can lead to more traffic and potential customers. This can be accomplished through a variety of tactics, such as optimizing the website's content and meta data for local keywords, building local citations and links, and optimizing the website for mobile devices.
- Lookalike AudienceIn digital advertising, it's an audience created by identifying common qualities of people in an existing customer database (like an email list or users who have taken a particular action on a website) to find new users who resemble (or "look like") them.
We take the time to get to know what our clients want, and when they speak, we’re listening.
We have been working with WebSubstance for 15+ years! Jenny and her team ensured the vision we had for our website became a reality. In addition to our website, we have worked on various projects throughout the years. They are always extremely professional, quick to respond, easy to work with and continuously look for ways to keep our site up to date and “fresh”. Definitely top-notch service and design. I highly recommend them for all your marketing needs.
In 2015, I started becoming suspicious that my current website service provider was not really optimizing my website or doing what needed to be done to get us the proper exposure to new clients and, also, make our website stand out as unique and personable, which is key to the image I wanted our law firm to represent. To my good fortune, Jenny Le and I met each other at a business networking function and she agreed to help me first validate my suspicions at no cost and then come up with a plan to implement and turn things around for our firm. Immediately, when working with Jenny and her team, I noticed just how different I was treated by them as a client. I was not a big client for them, but they made me feel as if I were and took a lot of time to listen to my ideas and understand the image I wanted to present and what we needed to grow our law firm business. Since my new site went live, in the past year, my clients have commented how much they liked my website and that it was what drew many of them to come meet me to talk about their estate plan, probate or family law matter. I also love that Websubtance is a local, family-owned business and they are prompt to support me with each endeavor I may have to improve my site’s exposure, whether through adding a customized Korean page to my site or a handy testimonials widget, or writing a new and amazing blog.
You cannot go wrong — unless you decide to use someone other than Websubstance for your web design and hosting.
Extremely professional, highly knowledgeable, and very easy to work with.
We are now at our 4th company, and WebSubstance built the four websites brilliantly. I highly recommend them to build your website and ALSO to work with their marketing team. They are the best!
Professionalism, Quality, Responsiveness, Value
We hired WebSubstance to redesign our website, and we could not be more pleased with the result. Jenny was so helpful, patient and knowledgeable as she guided us through the entire process, providing creative solutions to our unique business needs and answering all of our questions and concerns. We now have a simple, fresh, elegant website that is easy to maintain and update. Thank you Jenny!
I am very pleased with Jenny’s web design work on my educational consulting business. First of all, her knowledge of the technicalities of web design is vast and extremely valuable. She would make sure that the website is user-friendly and built in order to allow for future upgrades.
In addition, Jenny has a sharp sense of artistic design. The web design of my site is particularly suitable for my clientele where families who view the website feel invited and do not get lost while navigating through the site. Jenny would match up the appropriate pictures, colors, and size font to produce the feeling desired for my business.
Last but not least, Jenny is tremendously accommodating to the needs of her clients. She really listens to what I want for my website and ensures that my ideas are heard and materialized. Moreover, Jenny is super detail-oriented. Every word, every picture, and every page of the website is vetted by her personally. She literally holds my hand through the web design process.
I can’t emphasize how pleased I am with the way that my website turns out. I have received a lot of positive feedback regarding my website: professional, clean, easy to navigate, and welcoming.
I highly recommend Jenny and her team for your web design needs!
I’ve been working with Jenny since 2008. She has great ideas, great work ethic, fair pricing, and most of all she is always open to my inputs on all the work she does for me. She goes above and beyond to make sure the work she puts out is excellent and very innovative. Both her and Michael are very approachable and never take offense if I ask for changes on the design. I would highly recommend this team and I’m always available to be a reference for them.